Earn a College Scholarship
Want to make real decisions that impact your community while earning a college scholarship?!
We are looking for high school juniors who want to serve on our Junior Board of Directors during their junior year.
Junior Board of Directors Video
Monthly meetings will be held at varying times during the school day to ensure that students do not repeatedly miss the same classes. The first meeting will be held in October 2023 and the last meeting will be held in June 2024. View a sample of the monthly program topics: Program Features_2023
If you will be a junior in high school during the 2023-2024 school year, apply to the junior board of directors program through the link below. The 2023-2024 session applications are due at the KV REMC office (8642 W. US Hwy 30, Wanatah) by September 1.
Application: To apply to the program, visit https://www.kvremc.com/wp-content/uploads/JuniorBoard_Application_23_24.pdf
Application Deadline: September 1, 2023
- Network with other young leaders as well as business professionals
- Be exposed to board governance and project management
- Strengthen leadership skills, career development, and enhance your communication skills
- Complete a capstone project that includes the planning, budgeting, and execution of a community service project
- Serve as a liaison between Kankakee Valley REMC and schools to encourage future youth program development and participation
- Build a portfolio for college admissions
- Have fun while giving back to your community and school
As a Board Member, You Will
- Learn about career opportunities throughout NWI
- Network with local business leaders
- Impact the community with your own community service project
- Attend monthly board meetings during school day hours
- Stand out on college applications by referencing your position on the Board
- Earn a scholarship for college