Brush upkeep and tree trimming do more than keep you your yard looking nice, it's a vital part of keeping your power flowing efficiently and safely. We know that this kind of maintenance can be a dangerous business. That's why we contract trained, certified vegetation control specialists to take care of summer foliage that may pose a risk to the functionality of your electricity.
The Daltons Inc., based out of North Webster, Indiana, will be performing this upkeep as a part of our Right-of-Way Maintenance Program. This work has been certified by the Indiana State Chemist and all herbicides used will be EPA-approved. During spraying, The Daltons will aim to avoid sensitive areas like front yards, tree plantations, ornamental crop planting, gardens, lakes, and streams. Contract crews will be working in the following areas:
- Starke County: Jackson, Center, Railroad, Washington, North Bend, California, Oregon Davis, and Wayne townships.
- All KV REMC service locations in Pulaski and Marshall counties.
If you prefer to maintain the right-of-way adjacent to your land in some other fashion, such as mowing, please follow these instructions:
- Call The Daltons at 888-267-7511 with your questions about or problems with this maintenance operation.
- Post a sign on the right-of-way at each end of your property that reads "NO SPRAYING." Make sure it's legible and visible from the roadway.
- Make sure the brush is removed within the site by August 12, 2019.