Payment & Billing Options
Paying your utility bill shouldn’t be difficult. KV REMC has several different payment methods for you to choose from so that you can maintain your account in the way that fits your lifestyle.
Automatic Bill Payment
If you’re looking for ease and convenience when handling your utility bill, automatic bill payment is a great option for you. With two great automatic bill pay options, you won’t have to worry about getting your bill paid again!
Credit or Debit Card
Your credit or debit card is automatically drafted monthly on your bill date. You will receive a copy of your monthly bill with the notation, “Credit Card Draft — Do Not Pay.”
Your checking or savings account is drafted monthly, one to two days before your bill’s due date. You will receive a copy of your monthly bill with the notation, “Bank Draft — Do Not Pay.”
To enroll in automatic bill payment through a credit/debit card or bank draft, you must first enroll in SmartHub by visiting kvremc.com/smarthub. After enrolling, you can set your account up for automatic payment using a credit or debit card or bank draft.
Automatic bill payment is free of charge and can be canceled at any time upon request.
ONLINE BILL PAYMENT
You can pay your bill and view your account activity online via our easy and convenient bill payment system, SmartHub. You must create an account to access your information. To log into SmartHub, visit kvremc.com/smarthub.
All payments to electric accounts must be made through the IVR system for your safety and security. This system is available 24/7, 365 days a year.
Take the guess work out of your budget! Your utility bill can take huge swings depending on the season, making it difficult to plan. Budget billing can help you offset increased energy costs for cooling during the summer and heating during the winter.
Budget billing spreads out energy costs throughout the year to make monthly bills more manageable. Your bill will be based on your average consumption for the most recent 12 months, so each bill will be for the same amount.
Member Qualifications and Program Details:
- Members with high consumption due to air conditioning loads must be in service for 12 months prior to October 15 to qualify.
- Members with high consumption due to heating loads must be in service for 12 months prior to May 1 to qualify.
- Accounts delinquent twice in a budget year will be removed from the program.
- The budget amount will be based on the previous 12 months KWH average.
- Budget billing may be adjusted quarterly if a usage change occurs.
- Yearly "settle-up-month" will be in October for air conditioning load Members and May for heating load Members.
- If REMC's rates increase or decrease, all budget amounts will be adjusted by the same percentage.
To begin budget billing, contact our office for a written contract.
You can prepay your account using prepaid metering. Click here for more information on prepaid metering and how to enroll.