It is important that the items below are submitted to properly size the equipment needed to serve your location. In order to start the new construction electric service process, we will require:
- A completed New Construction Application
- Site plan with dimensions that show the location of proposed structures, septic, well, driveways, etc.
- Estimated peak demand for new service*
*The prospective member is expected to work with an electrician to determine the peak demand, which is defined as the highest electrical power demand that may be experienced over a period.
After the application is received:
- It will be sent to an engineer for processing
- The engineer will develop a design option for the new service
- Kankakee Valley REMC (KV REMC) will issue work order paperwork
- This may include: release forms, easements, cost estimates, and other documents
The member must complete all the following items, if applicable:
- Submit all completed paperwork
- Receive a passing county inspection on the new service entrance
- Submit payment in full*
*Payment must be cash, personal check, money order, or cashier’s check.
*Service installation lead times may increase due to industry-wide material shortages.
After all items are received by KV REMC, the project may be scheduled to be completed.