Interested in Running for Directorship
To be a candidate for the REMC board of directors, you must be nominated by petition. Directorship petitions for the 2024 KV REMC election will be available soon.
Director elections will occur at the September 26 Member Appreciation Day/Annual Business Meeting event.
Districts Up For Election in 2024
District 3 (Lincoln, Johnson, Union, Noble, Pleasant, Washington, Hanna, Prairie, Dewey, New Durham, Clinton and Cass Townships in LaPorte County and Lincoln and Liberty Townships in St. Joseph County)
District 5 (Cass, Rich Grove, Franklin, Tippecanoe, Monroe, White Post and Jefferson Townships in Pulaski County, California, Jackson, Railroad and Wayne Townships in Starke County)
1- At Large Seat (Any area served by Kankakee Valley REMC)
To be a candidate for a seat on the board of directors, you must reside in the geographical district up for election and be nominated by petition. The procedures and guidelines to be followed in nominating qualified candidates by petition are as follows:
- All prospective candidates must complete the Petition for Director Nomination form.
- All prospective candidates must complete a Disclosure of Interest Form.
- All prospective candidates must consent in writing to a background check.
- A potential candidate, to be included on the ballot for the election of directors, shall obtain the signatures and other required information of no less than 15 current member-consumers of Kankakee Valley REMC from the district in which the potential candidate intends to run. At-large candidates may obtain signatures from members in any district.
- Potential candidates must attend a mandatory Candidate Orientation and Information Meeting.
At Kankakee Valley REMC our customers are more than just someone who purchases power from us. They are members. As member-consumers, they have a voice in the leadership for the cooperative. Each member-consumers gets one vote and has equal representation on the cooperative board.
When Do Board Elections Take Place
The election process for the Kankakee Valley REMC board of directors begins in August. Only member-consumers who have completed the requirements to run for directorship will be placed on the ballot. Votes are tabulated during the annual meeting on September 26, and the election winners are announced.
Voting for Your Directors
Member-consumers can vote online or in person at the annual meeting. In August, all members will receive information on how to vote. Regardless of the district where a member-consumer resides, they are allowed one vote for a director in each district running for directorship.