Interested in Running for Directorship
Directorship petitions for the 2023 KV REMC director election are due June 30 at 3:30 p.m. to the KV REMC office. To be a candidate for the board of directors, you must be nominated by petition. For instructions and eligibility requirements, please download the petition document below.
Director elections will occur at the September 28 Member Appreciation Day/Annual Business Meeting event.
Below is the year of election for each geographical district:
Districts Up For Election in 2023
District 4 (Davis, Center, Oregon, Washington, North Bend townships in Starke County and Union and West townships in Marshall County)
1- At Large Seat (Any area served by Kankakee Valley REMC)
To be a candidate for a seat on the board of directors, you must reside in the geographical district up for election and be nominated by petition. The procedures and guidelines to be followed in nominating qualified candidates by petition are as follows:
- All prospective candidates must complete the Petition for Director Nomination form.
- All prospective candidates must complete a Disclosure of Interest Form.
- All prospective candidates must consent in writing to a background check.
- A potential candidate, to be included on the ballot for the election of directors, shall obtain the signatures and other required information of no less than 15 current member-consumers of Kankakee Valley REMC from the district in which the potential candidate intends to run. At-large candidates may obtain signatures from members in any district.
- Potential candidates must attend a mandatory Candidate Orientation and Information Meeting on Tuesday, June 27 at the KV REMC office. The meeting begins at 6:00 p.m.
At Kankakee Valley REMC our customers are more than just someone who purchases power from us. They are members. As member-consumers, they have a voice in the leadership for the cooperative. Each member-consumers gets one vote and has equal representation on the cooperative board.
When Do Board Elections Take Place
The election process for the Kankakee Valley REMC board of directors begins in August. Only those member-consumers who have completed the requirements to run for directorship will be placed on the ballot. During the annual meeting on September 28, votes are tabulated and the election winners are announced.
Voting for Your Directors
Member-consumers can vote in one of two ways: online or in person at the annual meeting. All member-consumers will receive information on how they can vote in August. Regardless of the district where a member-consumer resides, they are allowed one vote for a director in each district running for directorship.