Earn a College Scholarship
Want to make real decisions that have an impact on your community while earning a college scholarship?!
We are looking for high school juniors who want to serve on our Junior Board of Directors during their junior year.
Monthly meetings will be held at varying times during the school day to ensure that students do not repeatedly miss the same classes. The first meeting will be held in October 2022 and the last meeting will be held in June 2023.
- Network with other young leaders as well as business professionals
- Be exposed to board governance and project management
- Strengthen leadership skills, career development, and enhance your communication skills
- Complete a capstone project that includes the planning, budgeting, and execution of a community service project
- Serve as a liaison between Kankakee Valley REMC and schools to encourage future youth program development and participation
- Build a portfolio for college admissions
- Have fun while giving back to your community and school
As a Board Member, You Will
- Make real business decisions
- Learn about career opportunities throughout NWI
- Network with local business leaders
- Impact the community with your own community service project
- Attend monthly board meetings during school day hours
- Stand out on college applications by referencing your position on the Board
- Earn a scholarship for college